SQ First 777-300ER Couples - Row 1 or 2?

Discussion in 'Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer' started by iolaire, Jul 8, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. iolaire
    • Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Like many others I'm looking forward to my first SQ First class trip with my wife. We are in 1CD, but 2CD is also open. Seat guru mentions that 2CD is best for couples. But I don't really see a difference on the map.. I'm guessing that either row will be great, but want to make sure that I'm not missing something should I keep 1CD.

Does anyone have experance or a recommendation for couples sitting together on a SQ Boeing 777-300ER?
  2. legalalien
    • Original Member

legalalien Gold Member

We're in the same boat, so to speak. :) FWIW, Row 2 is rear-facing, so we've decided to keep 1CD. As far as I understand, the reason SeatGuru suggests 2CD is the it's farther from the galley and lavatory. A mini-C cabin is right behind the divider.
    TAHKUCT and iolaire like this.
  3. tommy777
    • Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Ehh.. Rear facing? I've been on board the 77W a few times and no seats in F or C are rear facing

More here. http://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/flying-with-us/first-listing/newfirstclass/
    legalalien and iolaire like this.
  4. iolaire
    • Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Thanks I ended up moving to 2CD after reading something negative about 1F and the proximity to the curtain. I doubt it will matter much but each choice adds to the anticipation.
  5. myskyconnections

myskyconnections Active Member

looking at that cabin, i would take any seat :)
  6. legalalien
    • Original Member

legalalien Gold Member

TAHKUCT and iolaire like this.
  7. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    • Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

I took row 2 for my flights as the galley does tend to bother me when I fly with other airlines... Light and smells and talking when I want to sleep.
    iolaire likes this.
  8. iolaire
    • Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

legalalien likes this.
  9. SQuealer

SQuealer Silver Member

Row 2 seats have a wider 'head' area and less 'leg' area and Row 1 seats have the opposite. (in Bed Mode)
    I'd go for Row 2 seats anytime.
    SQ LPP and iolaire like this.
  10. SQuealer

SQuealer Silver Member

SQ LPP likes this.
  11. iolaire
    • Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

oops...
    SQ LPP and SQuealer like this.
  12. SQ LPP
    • Original Member

SQ LPP Gold Member

Agree.
    But as I recalled from traveling with a very tall person ;) , I remember that row 1 seats are slightly shorter than row 2 seats in a bed mode. :)
    iolaire likes this.
  13. Theweeklyflyer
    • Original Member

Theweeklyflyer Silver Member

I just did a run on SQ15 in J. Mrs Weekly Flyer and I are taking this same flight in F next year. Lets just say, I wish I had booked J to save the miles. I know F will be amazing. But J was just incredible.

This was my first flight on SQ ever and I'm now thinking of switching alliances and will atleast earn more StarAlliance miles going forward. I've flown LH F in the past, but SQ J was simply amazing. From the service to the seat, everything went well, was not rushed, and I couldn't have asked for more.
    Nelumbo, SQuealer and iolaire like this.