1. Milepoint will be taken offline for scheduled maintenance
    The site will be down Tuesday, October 28th at 10:00 p.m. MDT for approximately 1 hour.

2. #FlyForPink is the frequent flyers' effort in the fight against breast cancer.

Join us in supporting screenings, early detection, treatment and research globally at FlyForPink.com

StarMegaDO3 -- Official Master Thread

Discussion in 'SMD3 (Star MegaDO #3)' started by tommy777, Jun 24, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Minnesota Bruin
    • Original Member

Minnesota Bruin Silver Member

I'm happy to post the raw video or send DVDs to folks interested in any of the videos I posted. I did send them back with the camera but I don't know what will be posted by the MP folks. Since I'm not much of an editor but I'm happy to see SMDers make better use of them. I also have lots of short vids that capture various aspects of the SMD (flights, hotels, etc.).

Also, the folks in my UA flight sim group may be interested in the vids of their flights/crashes!

2. asya999

asya999 Silver Member

I didn't get credit for the Chicago and Montreal stays - should I read into this that I'm not the only one? Sorry I may have missed a few pages since the charter - work's been crazy busy...

3. Pizzaman
    • Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

We haven't had too many issues with Chicago, but have had some people who had issues getting Montreal credited. Please start a conversation with me offline and we'll get you taken care of.

4. legalalien
    • Original Member

legalalien Gold Member

Not directly related to this year's SMD, but nevertheless an interesting bit posted by Boeing:

Here's ZA003, the third 787 Dreamliner built by Boeing, before it got a new paint job. We’ve got big plans for this airplane. It’s too early to provide details, but stay tuned for more info in the coming weeks.

Some of you will recognize this airplane. :)

5. legalalien
    • Original Member

legalalien Gold Member

Speaking of the UA Flight Sim group that never got to fly/crash...has anyone made plans to return to Denver yet? I'd love to join a UA Flight Sim DO of some sort.

jetsetr likes this.
  6. jetsetr
    • Original Member

jetsetr Gold Member

And the cycle of new threads created and that continue to exist from SMD3 continues... ;)

OTOH, Capt. Jeff may not be able to handle a large group all at once. But since I'm counting myself as part of this group, I think it also would be fun to see folks again.

7. Pizzaman
    • Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

MILEAGE UPDATE

The latest word from United is that we're still stuck in a holding pattern (yes, pun intended). They're still pulling some levers, and asked us to request a bit more patience from everyone while they work on this next week. Look for miles or another update late next week.

flamingo and jupper like this.
  8. global_happy_traveller
    • Original Member

global_happy_traveller Silver Member

i am thinking later in November any idea on Cpt Jeff's availability for Nov?

9. jetsetr
    • Original Member

jetsetr Gold Member

Nope, no idea. We should coordinate w/Nathan (MSP-MSY) if we want to get a group together, since he was compiling the master list for the Dahl folks. But ultimately, we may have to be in touch w/Capt. Dave, who can then put us in touch w/Capt. Jeff.

Personally, I'm ok with waiting until the new year to do this. But it's also just as easy for me to hop a flight to DEN for a quick overnight (since Capt. Jeff said it's better if we can do it after hours, so as not to interfere with the training schedules).

10. MSY-MSP
    • Original Member

MSY-MSP Silver Member

Hi All,

I just spoke with Jeff. He need to take a little break from doing Sims and getting fully recovered from the SMD3. I have forwarded to him the list of folks who still need to get their rides in. I am anticipating that we should be back running some time around the next couple weeks for you to start figuring out schedules.

I will have more information shortly, but feel free to get in touch with me directly if you have any concerns.

Nathan

11. jetsetr
    • Original Member

jetsetr Gold Member

Thanks for the update, Nathan!

12. legalalien
    • Original Member

legalalien Gold Member

The new color scheme is also Boeing's. I guess they won't/can't sell it; must be something we'd done to the airplane during the SMD2 tour.

I have an idea for Boeing: donate it to Milepoint and park it at the House of Miles!

jetsetr likes this.
  13. ParanoiaTX
    • Original Member

ParanoiaTX Gold Member

Park it?!? No way...the bird wants to be flown. I say repaint it in Milepoint colors and make it the official MegaDo charter plane for all future Dos.

legalalien and jetsetr like this.
  14. global_happy_traveller
    • Original Member

Thanks for the heads up Nathan. Leaving it to the new year will be better for me too.

There is just so much work/travel I can cram until the end of 2011

15. FriendlySkies
    • Original Member

FriendlySkies Gold Member

With one class of service? :D

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint

16. mowogo
    • Original Member

mowogo Gold Member

And that class is First, or at least Tommy class, but no regular whY

FriendlySkies likes this.
  17. Jenny & Curt
    • Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Just whYne, right? DYKWIA?

18. FriendlySkies
    • Original Member

FriendlySkies Gold Member

I am a Diamond Guest.

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint

jetsetr likes this.
  19. storyteller
    • Original Member

storyteller Gold Member

I have another slot too. Can hardly wait!
    Did any of you get video of when we were in the Sim?
    Poor Capt Jeff must have been exhausted after that couple of days!

20. global_happy_traveller
    • Original Member

Jetlagged......

Yes I still have some pics..... and ones where Nathan goes up in arms.....(dunno why)

21. storyteller
    • Original Member

storyteller Gold Member

That would be when Jeff gave us 30 foot vis?? Or when he blew the left engine on takeoff??
    You will be getting a PM soon.

22. rehoult
    • Original Member

rehoult Silver Member

I just wanted to pass along that we had a baby boy, Benjamin, last Sunday. As he's already done his first Mega Do, we'll have to see when he gets to go on another one.

image-2207353120.png

23. jetsetr
    • Original Member

jetsetr Gold Member

Congrats! So we're giving in utero EQMs now?

flamingo likes this.
  24. canucklehead
    • Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Glad to see Mrs. Hoult and Ben doing well! You mean you aren't signing him up for OWMD-I? :D

25. MSPeconomist
    • Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Congratulations. I hope Benjamin liked the SMD3 Sunday baseball game.