The DEQAA/DEQ11 Mileage Run Mayhem Airplane Meet-up Thread

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by SpecialK, Dec 28, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. TRYING2BPLAT Silver Member

Lucky you thebeerhunter 1 more run, just arrived lax from ord, no delay on my 210pm flt, still have 4 more run to do this month .
    TheBeerHunter likes this.
    • Original Member

SpecialK Gold Member

I have five more, no rest for the weary. :)

Today's run went smoothly. Had a few MRers on the way out (turns out they were on some flights early January ) and I think there were 8, including myself, on the way back.
  2. beaktor Silver Member

So how did you tell a MR from normal passengers? Secret handshake? :)

No rest indeed for you... wow, 5. I just got 3 more booked, one from AUS and two from SFO. Let's hope they're uneventful...
    • Original Member

SpecialK Gold Member

Well if they are on your outbound flight, it's pretty easy to bust them. :D. I also knew someone on the return who pointed out the rest of them.
    TheBeerHunter, beaktor and garyst16 like this.
    • Original Member

garyst16 Silver Member

It's also pretty easy to spot them when you have seen them on multiple flights during the month! :)

And yes, there is a secret handshake...please don't tell me no one told you about it or shared it with you...:rolleyes:
    AnthonyB1609 likes this.
    • Original Member

SpecialK Gold Member

Any Tuesday runs coming up for anyone?
  3. TRYING2BPLAT Silver Member

Weekend price are getting expensive for MR, I wonder if it will go dwn after the holiday.
  4. retirementdreams Silver Member

Retirementdreams and dcg543 will be sleeping on the 1155pm SFO-ORD flight Tues. Anyone else joining us??
    SpecialK and TheBeerHunter like this.
  5. retirementdreams Silver Member

OH, well then. I thought maybe we could all bring our Qantas jammies and have a pajama party.

Pat
    (im) patiently waiting for the 17,500 EQM's to post from Megado charter flight!!
    SpecialK likes this.
  6. John777 Silver Member

Does anyone know if a sweep including 1/29 flights has run?
    • Original Member

TheBeerHunter Silver Member

I hope not. My flights from 2/4 haven't posted yet. Though it should happen some time today -- right?
    • Original Member

SpecialK Gold Member

In theory! :)
    TheBeerHunter and garyst16 like this.
    • Original Member

SpecialK Gold Member

Had a narrow brush with Y today. They came and got me from the exit row. :). Not that I had actually expected an UG today, but that's the closest I've come to a miss and TEQM is over. :eek: :)
    PantyWaster likes this.
  7. TRYING2BPLAT Silver Member

the 2/4 somehow did not post tonite, I only got bonus credit upto 1/30/2012 of my flight, did everyone got the same or someone got the 2/4 bonus points?
  8. PantyWaster Silver Member

Were you in 15A on the 10:40 DFW/SFO?
    SpecialK likes this.
    • Original Member

SpecialK Gold Member

Ya that was me. Where were you at?

I swear I heard some folks clapping. :D
    PantyWaster likes this.
  9. PantyWaster Silver Member

15C. I heard them clapping too. Congrats!
    SpecialK likes this.
    • Original Member

SpecialK Gold Member

How funny! Wonder if the clappers were more FT/MPers.

Anyhow - I saw ya. :) I was sitting at #1 on the list and watching the seatmap to see if anyone no-showed. The ug was a complete surprise as I never actually saw it open up. Did you end up getting the middle seat free?

Were you on a turn, or on a 'real' trip?
    PantyWaster likes this.
  10. PantyWaster Silver Member

Ended up with a free middle - not quite as nice as an UG but still good. I was turning...the beginning of two days and 3 RTs. I was riding my 2010 creds and would have EXPired March 1. All is good now as I have qualified for EXP in 2012.

I had waited for everyone to board and I moved from 5th to 1st on the list. I paused at the gate to see if they would give me the "nod", but no such luck. I am glad to see they are watching out for us and proactively putting us important people up front!
    SpecialK likes this.
    • Original Member

SpecialK Gold Member

Sounds like you didn't fubar in sfo then. :). Last time weather happened in sfo for me, I almost had a night at dfw. Made it back in time for my regularly scheduled flight but not the earlier one I was hoping for.
    PantyWaster likes this.
  11. PantyWaster Silver Member

Over my 10+ DFW/SFO RTs I ran into quite a bit of weather delay, but tried to plan them all so I was returning on the same aircraft. It saved my bacon more than once.
    John777 and SpecialK like this.
  12. phuucnguyen Silver Member

So far I had 8 Lax-ord that was uneventful and 2 lax-dfw that I got either delayed or cancelled, rebooked. Guess it just my luck with ord. Was able to duck through both of the snow storms. One more this Sat and I will be an officially EXP
  13. TRYING2BPLAT Silver Member

Did anyone got their bonus point from last week run? Normally AA would do a bonus pt sweep every tuesday but seems like they havent done it this week, unless AA missed mine, which happened b4.
    • Original Member

SpecialK Gold Member

I didn't get mine but my run was on Sunday. I'm waiting to see what next week holds.
  14. beaktor Silver Member

In the excitement of trying to grab a few more EQM's before the double expired... I booked two SFO-ORD round trips a few weeks back for.... today and tomorrow.

Not sure what I am thinking but it's in the middle of the crazy snow in Chicago. Right now, I'm at the gate at SFO and the flight is delayed 35 minutes and counting. I definitely don't want to stranded in Chicago since it appears they cancelled a few flights this morning and all returns are sold out.

I'm sure there'll be a story out of this!