The Unofficial Star Mega Do III Meetin' Place

Discussion in 'SMD3 (Star MegaDO #3)' started by 744, Jun 21, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. 744
    • Original Member

744 Gold Member

I started a WIKI for those interested in a Van-Pool from Grand Hyatt to Hyatt Place (DEN). PM me if you can't add yourself to WIKI. so far we have 11 people.

2. cova

cova Gold Member

Supershuttle (Blue Van) is still available but it appears that you have to make a reservation to be picked up. It used to be the Supershuttle had a scheduled route and stopped at the major hotels and no reservations was needed. I am just guessing that the SkyBus eliminated the need for a scheduled route. The problem was even with the scheduled route Supershuttle would still stray into neighborhood and pick people up at their homes/apartments and that ticked off the passengers believing the published hotel stops was the only stops.

Hotel to hotel sounds like the best options - otherwise you have to go to DEN and then get the hotel shuttle back. The DEN hotels are a few miles from the airport.

3. 744
    • Original Member

744 Gold Member

thanks for the info. The info I saw on their website was to rent the van outright and not have any unscheduled stops. More of a charter I guess. I'll see what they say.

4. TAHKUCT
    • Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

I have enjoyed that ferry ride several times when I have been visiting NYC. Very nice and free :)

744 likes this.
  5. 744
    • Original Member

744 Gold Member

I didn't appreciate it as much when I lived in NYC and commuted from staten island everyday. Talk about sheeple. Thousands on a ferry during rush hour.

6. LIH Prem
    • Original Member

LIH Prem Gold Member

the problem is you picked static island. isn't it?

-David

744 likes this.
  7. 744
    • Original Member

744 Gold Member

Well sure, blame me..... ;)

8. LIH Prem
    • Original Member

LIH Prem Gold Member

lol. I've driven across the Outerbridge Crossing more times than I care to remember.

Still as far as commutes go, the ferry isn't bad, as long as it doesn't crash into the dock.

-David

katstarr and 744 like this.
  9. Seacarl
    • Original Member

Seacarl Gold Member

Which it has done surprisingly often

katstarr and 744 like this.
  10. Sean Colahan
    • Original Member

Sean Colahan Gold Member

Wiki seating chart is starting to fill in. Wonder who I will be sitting next to.

744 likes this.
  11. ParanoiaTX
    • Original Member

ParanoiaTX Gold Member

FYI, we've cleaned up the SMD3 wiki a little bit and also split off the seat maps to their own page. I added a link to the main MilePoint wiki page so you can find the SMD3 section just by clicking "Wiki" in your menu-bar. I've also asked Tommy to link to us from one of the first posts in the official thread.

As always, if you can't or don't want to deal with the actual editing you can send 744 or paranoiatx your positioning flights or your seat assignments and we'll get them posted. You can of course add new pages for other information that would benefit the group.

There seems to be some snafu with some people being on LH100 and some on LH98. Pizzaman is trying to sort it out, but for now I've got both flights on the seat map page.

12. LIH Prem
    • Original Member

LIH Prem Gold Member

Is anybody actually on LH100?

-David

13. ParanoiaTX
    • Original Member

ParanoiaTX Gold Member

Question for anymore more familiar with JFK/LGA than I am...

In order to make it onto the JFK-FRA flight, I am flying back from EZE the night before on AA, via MIA. From there I basically have 2 options to get to NYC:

AA908 EZE-MIA 22:35-6:40
    - connect to -
    AA1510 MIA-JFK 11:35-14:30
    AA1124 MIA-LGA 10:00-12:55
    AA1256 MIA-LGA 7:55-10:50

The first of course minimizes transfer hassles, but my gut tells me that a 1hr 10min connection from AA to LH at JFK might be a bit iffy, even if I was going carry-on only (plus I'd miss most of the lounge time). Any experience with something like this? The LGA option leaves me almost 3hrs, but the LGA-JFK taxi ride is always risky, and with the US Open in progress, traffic could be worse than usual. There is an earlier LGA flight, but it violates AA's 1:35 MCT in MIA (I'd have 1:15, which with and F ticket, GE and carry-ons only shouldn't be too hard to make, but they won't let me book it). If there are delays out of EZE the early flight becomes tricky of course.

Any opinions on which to grab? I've gone with the middle one for now since it leaves at least some padding on either side.

14. LIH Prem
    • Original Member

LIH Prem Gold Member

You should be ok. Traffic is not that bad at 1pm. You are flying on AA?

-David

paranoiatx likes this.
  15. From NYC
    • Original Member

From NYC Gold Member

I'd go with the middle one for now and see what you can do at MIA once you've cleared and then try for standby on the earlier, even if you have to give up F. Or is F the predominant on the domestic route?

paranoiatx likes this.
  16. Seacarl
    • Original Member

Seacarl Gold Member

You've got to book to 10am LGA flight, and standby for the 7:55am flight as soon as you arrive - or book it on a separate PNR. 1:10 at JFK is a recipe for failure, too much risk of a delay. 12:55 from LGA should work, but why miss the party, try for the quick connection at MIA

paranoiatx likes this.
  17. Seacarl
    • Original Member

Seacarl Gold Member

Found my confirmation. I am booked on LH 98. Is that good or bad?

18. ParanoiaTX
    • Original Member

ParanoiaTX Gold Member

I know, shocking...

I had the RT award seat for EZE booked long before SMD3 was announced, but returning Monday eve. I've been looking for the Sun return, but with no luck. I can get one on AA though, so I believe the best option is to convert the reward to one-way and get a one-way AA reward seat for the return. Plus I get to see how their intl F stacks up and thanks to Citibank I've got piles of AA miles to burn...

19. ParanoiaTX
    • Original Member

ParanoiaTX Gold Member

Thanks for the replies. I doubt many people will be in the lounge before 1pm since most will be at the Andaz tour. But still, I see no reason to kill time in MIA, so the plan is to stick with the 10:00 and standby for 7:55 once on the ground. I'll rematch to AA Plat via work, so that plus an F ticket should give me some leverage on the standby list (I hope).

20. legalalien
    • Original Member

legalalien Gold Member

I will be in the lounge. I'm currently scheduled to arrive LGA at 11:05, so if you're on the earlier flight from MIA, we can catch a cab to JFK together.

21. LIH Prem
    • Original Member

LIH Prem Gold Member

neither good nor bad, but I think most (if not all) of us are on LH98. It's a tight connection for FRA, but doable.

-David

22. Seacarl
    • Original Member

Seacarl Gold Member

Might have preferred some time for Breakfast that Senator Lounge. Will we be able to do that at MUC, or will we get a red light on their fancy reader? Arriving Z class.

23. Seacarl
    • Original Member

Seacarl Gold Member

PS for whoever asked
    LH401 24AC
    LH98 15DF
    LH103 15DF
    LH430 10HK

paranoiatx likes this.
  24. cova

cova Gold Member

The seat map for LH98 shows that the business section is completely full.

25. Seacarl
    • Original Member

Seacarl Gold Member

Somehow I have the feeling that row 15 is not biz on LH98, not that it will really matter on the short flight