Tips on how to recruit new MilePoint Kiva team members

Discussion in 'Kiva | Loans That Change Lives' started by KyRoamer, Feb 20, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. KyRoamer
    • Original Member

KyRoamer Gold Member

Ask your friends. If any show an interest, send that person a $25 Kiva gift card.
  2. KyRoamer
    • Original Member

KyRoamer Gold Member

Shop close to home. Selling Kiva is not that hard, but selling the MilePoint team is. So find MilePoint members that are not Kiva members and ask them to join.

I go to the general area and find someone I do not know. I then start a conversation with the subject: Are you a member of MilePoint's Kiva's team? In the message I say: If, not, are you interested in learning more about Kiva?

Of my first four tries, two were members -- one inactive and two were not but were interested. Maybe one or both will join and the inactive one will start lending.
  3. jbcarioca
    • Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Good thread!
    I use bribery and threats with my friends. So far about 50% of my entreaties have worked.
  4. MSPeconomist
    • Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Then you need to make the bribes and threats bigger!
  5. tondoleo
    • Original Member

tondoleo Gold Member

You need to make then an offer they cannot refuse.
  6. KyRoamer
    • Original Member

KyRoamer Gold Member

I have offered to match the first loan. It helped. My son now has two loans. I am pushing to see if I can get him aboard for a couple of more.
    YULtide, nime01, canucklehead and 3 others like this.
  7. KyRoamer
    • Original Member

KyRoamer Gold Member

I just asked four MilePoint members if they were Kiva members and, if not, would they like to learn about our team. Either I will get some action or four people will learn to use the ignore button!!
  8. snowpuff

snowpuff Silver Member

i'm not currently a member of KIVA but am interested in joining and signing on with the MP team; is there a special link i should use so that someone gets credit and i properly become matched to the MP team?

i've checked out the website and read some of the posts here; looks like the MP is doing great work on KIVA... i want to be a part of it
    Tenmoc, nime01, scarecrow and 4 others like this.
  9. KyRoamer
    • Original Member

KyRoamer Gold Member

Feel free to use mine --http://www.kiva.org/invitedby/michael8602. We get no points, miles or bennie beyond perhaps bragging rights. You will really enjoy Kiva and our team.
    Tenmoc, nime01, scarecrow and 2 others like this.
  10. snowpuff

snowpuff Silver Member

Thanks! i'm now signed up and even made my first loan (i found one by the fellow MP is sponsoring and made a loan there). i did not see an option to attribute my loan to MP since i joined the group /after/ making my first loan; not sure if i can associate it or not but would like to
    Tenmoc, nime01, scarecrow and 3 others like this.
  11. snowpuff

snowpuff Silver Member

i should add that i am actually in louisville right now onsite with a client in the downtown area. would love to meet a fellow MP'er for coffee if you have the time this week
  12. miles and smiles
    • Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

You show up as a member of the team. Welcome!
    To make sure your loans are credited to the Milepoint team, follow the instructions in post # 1 of this thread:
    http://milepoint.com/forums/threads/new-milepoint-lending-team-general-info.2185/
  13. snowpuff

snowpuff Silver Member

yeah, since i joined the team /after/ my loan was made i cannot credit it to the team. sorry about that! oh well
  14. miles and smiles
    • Original Member

Yes, you can. You have to email Kiva and ask them to credit it to Milepoint. I believe that three days after you've made the loan is the deadline for sending the email.
  15. snowpuff

snowpuff Silver Member

oh got
    oh got it... on it
  16. kiwi
    • Original Member

kiwi Gold Member

For a limited time, new Kiva members can get a free $25 kiva loan.

See other thread for info.
  17. snowpuff

snowpuff Silver Member

email to Kiva was successful and my loan is now counting towards the FT group goals :)

Attached Files:

Tenmoc, nime01, kiwi and 4 others like this.
  18. canucklehead
    • Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Do you mean MP group goals? ;) :p

sorry, just joking with you. many thanks and if you have any questions, do not hesitate to share them as this group is as supportive as it gets!
    Tenmoc, nime01, MissBurrill and 3 others like this.
  19. snowpuff

snowpuff Silver Member

haha! crap, yes i do mean MP goals... sorry about that ;)
    Tenmoc, nime01, MissBurrill and 3 others like this.
  20. miles and smiles
    • Original Member

You now show up on our team page as having recently made a loan. thumbs-up.gif
    Tenmoc, nime01, MissBurrill and 2 others like this.
  21. snowpuff

snowpuff Silver Member

why yes, yes i do! AWESOME!
    Tenmoc, nime01, MissBurrill and 2 others like this.
  22. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Just say they've been invited by the headless avatar. I'm sure that will draw them. :D
  23. KyRoamer
    • Original Member

KyRoamer Gold Member

Anyone able to report on successes and how they were achieved?
    Tenmoc and YULtide like this.