1. Milepoint will be taken offline for scheduled maintenance
    The site will be down Tuesday, September 16th at 10:00 p.m. MDT for approximately 1 hour.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you in advance for your understanding.

Tools for some SkyTeam award availability

Discussion in 'SkyTeam' started by Wandering Aramean, Feb 7, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Wandering Aramean
    • Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

No, I cannot produce DL saver inventory with a snap of my fingers, but if you get into some of the other SkyTeam member carriers a decent number actually publish their award inventory in the public domain. I built a search engine that leverages that data and make it available for free.

Head here to start. You'll need to register (sortof keeps the bots out but I promise no spam or abuse of your account details) and then you can search for awards on:
    Lots of SkyTeam partners in there for you.

Enjoy!
  2. The Points Guy
    • Original Member

The Points Guy Silver Member

I love the WA Tools- very easy to use and accurate. Although convincing Delta phone reps there is actually availability can be a huge challenge.
    jbcarioca likes this.
  3. joesmoe
    • Original Member

joesmoe Gold Member

Nice, thanks!
    jbcarioca likes this.
  4. cliburn
    • Original Member

cliburn Silver Member

Thanks WA! I never knew this existed!
    jbcarioca likes this.
  5. Wandering Aramean
    • Original Member

Happy to help, though clearly marketing isn't my strong suit. These tools have been around for months. :cool:
    jbcarioca likes this.
  6. Gnopps
    • Original Member

Gnopps Silver Member

Excellent, thanks for these tools! Couldn't the award seat finder be consolidated into one? So that if I search CDG-PRG I get both AF and OK?
    jbcarioca and joesmoe like this.
  7. joesmoe
    • Original Member

joesmoe Gold Member

This would be a great added feature.
    jbcarioca likes this.
  8. Wandering Aramean
    • Original Member

In theory, yes. In reality, the searches are individual so I'd have to run multiple queries, store all the results, aggregate them and spit it back out to you. That's a lot more work for minimal increase in information. I say minimal because the carriers that the tools cover right now generally have minimal to zero overlap on routes. I am already aggregating two searches for the Y/C queries.

AF doesn't publish the data into the GDS that I can see, for example, so I cannot search that anyways.
    jbcarioca likes this.
  9. dwhotz
    • Original Member

dwhotz Silver Member

Seth,

Not taking anything away from your great work, but a couple of these airlines aren't in SkyTeam (ie Aegean, Air China). Thanks for all your hard work and I'm not trying to be overly critical but am I missing why you chose to include those in the SkyTeam forum? Keep up the good work!
    jbcarioca and joesmoe like this.
  10. Wandering Aramean
    • Original Member

Because I was too lazy to delete them from the list I copy/pasted over. I know they aren't all SkyTeam but most are, and I figured having the other couple listed didn't hurt. :)
  11. gleff
    • Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Definitely appreciate Aeroflot and Czech, a nice companion to using a Flying Blue account to search AF/KL/VN/CZ/KQ/etc.
  12. Bob Smolinsky
    • Original Member

Bob Smolinsky Gold Member

Still would pay to see though DL seats available to other Skyteam Airlines :)
    joesmoe likes this.
  13. dwhotz
    • Original Member

dwhotz Silver Member

Like I said...no criticism...just curious. I definitely understand the laziness factor
    joesmoe likes this.
  14. bakedpatato
    • Original Member

bakedpatato Gold Member

grumble grumble*stupid KE and their "no award availability for you unless you have nuff miles" policy*grumble grumble
  15. PoorMansBidet
    • Original Member

PoorMansBidet Silver Member

Nice Job on the tools. Thanks.
    Wandering Aramean likes this.
  16. broncob
    • Original Member

broncob Silver Member

Ncommander sent me a link to your site last week and it has been great in trying to plan an MSP-PEK trip (although I have been having more trouble with the MSP-LAX segment than the LAX-PEK segment-go figure). I agree with the points guys comment-I have yet to be able to convince DL that CZ award seats exist :(
  17. Wandering Aramean
    • Original Member

Glad y'all are finding it useful. :cool:
  18. Thanks for the list of tools - I'm trying to source out a honeymoon trip using low miles availability. Bookmarked!
  19. travelgourmet
    • Original Member

travelgourmet Silver Member

Thanks for the tools. Have managed to use this info already to book some VN tickets using SkyMiles. Much easier to do when you know what to tell them to look for. Thanks again.
    jbcarioca and Wandering Aramean like this.
  20. kirkpd
    • Original Member

kirkpd Silver Member

Any tools for availability on AF or Air Tahiti Nui? Delta seems to always only find one seat.
    jbcarioca likes this.
  21. gleff
    • Original Member

gleff Co-founder

You can use FlightStats.com for both. AF "O" inventory is award business. "I" is business award space and "W" is economy award space on Air Tahiti Nui.
    jmrich1432, jbcarioca and kirkpd like this.
  22. SkyTeam777

SkyTeam777 Active Member

This is extremely helpful, thanks!
  23. MSPeconomist
    • Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Welcome to MP.
    SkyTeam777 likes this.
  24. deadlocklegend

deadlocklegend Active Member

I have question about the Air China availability because other tools aren't showing similar availability. for example, PEK-JZH or CTU-JZH on September 10th. Neither Air China's own reward website nor ANA tool show that there's availability at all, but your tools show there are.
  25. Wandering Aramean
    • Original Member

The Air China inventory I'm listing is based on the X/I/O buckets. It is possible that they are publishing something else out into the Galileo GDS for those buckets or that they've changed what fare buckets awards come out of.

Have you tried calling an airline and booking such seats?

If it is bad data I'll pull that piece down until I can get it fixed but it would be nice to have confirmation one way or the other.