TSA Pre Trusted Traveler starts January 24, 2012 at MSP

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by MSPeconomist, Jan 5, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. MSPeconomist
    • Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

In the DL SkyPriority security line today, the document checker was handing out colored bookmarks stating that the DL expedited program for "CPB Trusted Traveler program, such as GE" will start at checkpoint 4 of the Lindbergh Terminal on January 24. They were encouraging people to sign up with DL by adding your Trusted Traveler PASS ID in the Known Traveler field on reservations and one's profile. It will mean not needing to remove the baggie with liquids, shoes, belts, laptops, and light jackets.

Unfortunately, there is no information regarding when CBP will install GE kiosks in the international arrivals area at MSP.

2. rwoman
    • Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Thanks for posting this, MSPeconomist! Useful to know...especially since MSP is often a routing I can easily use from LHR to LAX!

:)

3. MrLincoln

MrLincoln Silver Member

I wonder how many of us there will be in that one line.

4. canucklehead
    • Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Let's hope the trial program is a success so they roll it out to all the airports!

deltagoldLass likes this.
  5. MalcoveMagnesia
    • Original Member

MalcoveMagnesia Silver Member

The program in Detroit (which I didn't explicitly enroll in, but I guess all upper tier Medallions get magically put into) has saved immense amounts of time for me. It's just like old fashioned (pre 9/11) security. The T&A agent (checking ID's) tells you to get into that lane. Just walk through the X-Ray machine (and keep on your belt, shoes, etc.) and pick up your stuff off the conveyor on the other side. You're in and out of the zone within 60 seconds.

Amazing.

Love it.

And I don't understand why it's being implemented at MSP when the non-substantiated rumors are that Delta is supposedly planning to eventually de-hub MSP. :confused:

deltagoldLass likes this.
  6. MrLincoln

MrLincoln Silver Member

Mag or AIT?

7. MalcoveMagnesia
    • Original Member

MalcoveMagnesia Silver Member

I have no clue what's going to be happening in MSP; but in DTW, it's always the traditional X Ray machine and not the naked scanners (which I think take longer to analyze and scrutinize).

8. MrLincoln

MrLincoln Silver Member

At msp it'll be a mag.

9. JennB
    • Original Member

JennB Gold Member

I use this program at ATL and it really is wonderful. Huge time and aggravation savings.

deltagoldLass and rwoman like this.
  10. MrLincoln

MrLincoln Silver Member

the msp checkpoint 4 lane is soft open; they're directing pax through it when the machine selects them, but the screening protocol itself is unchanged.

11. mrredskin
    • Original Member

mrredskin Gold Member

one lane is all that is needed. LAS was incredibly smooth.

12. DeltaExpert
    • Original Member

DeltaExpert Gold Member

Hope this comes to all Delta hubs soon! JFK would be nice Terminal 2!

deltagoldLass and rwoman like this.
  13. MSPeconomist
    • Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

This suggests that if there is a long line for clearing security after an international arrival when doing an onward connection on DL, one could follow the arrivals signs to the down escalator or elevator toward baggage claim (as if to smoke), exit into the baggage claim area and then look for an ecalator or elevator land side to go up one level and to the SkyPriority security line in the center of the terminal.

rwoman and DeltaExpert like this.
  14. MSPDELTADUDE

MSPDELTADUDE Member

Thanks for the update! Really looking forward to using this in the next few weeks hopefully!

15. mtkeller
    • Original Member

mtkeller Silver Member

This would be nice. When schedules and MPM permit, I try to route through MSP with a long layover to have some time to see friends. Knowing that I can get through security in a pain-free way would make it even more appealing. Would also be nice to see GE come to MSP sooner rather than later. One would think that all the additional AmEx-plat-induced enrollments would have given CBP enough money for a couple of kiosks there ;)

16. MSPeconomist
    • Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

The only thing I hear about GE coming to MSP is the vague statement that it will be sometime later this year. This has been repeated for at least six months with no more specific details.

17. AnthonyB1609

AnthonyB1609 Silver Member

Have you registered? I tried and it was pretty detailed. And wouldn't take some of my answers I need to go back and finish the application? This would really help me out at LAX. They gave us the same bookmark on 12/23. I just wonder if anybody has been approved?

18. mattsteg
    • Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Conditional approval normally comes pretty quickly, I believe, as long as everything is in order. I forget how long mine took, but it wasn't too long. There is also an interview required that you can complete at LAX, or I believe anywhere else with global entry. Us MSP flyers needed to do the interview elsewhere - I did mine at LAS.

infamousdx likes this.
  19. infamousdx

infamousdx Silver Member

Agree, conditional approval came within a week, tops.

20. Rgruenwald

Rgruenwald Active Member

I applied for Global , received conditional approval in 3 days, interviewed in another 3 days on a Monday and was fully approved at that time. I received my Global Entry Card in the mail at the end of the week

Gargoyle likes this.
  21. MSPeconomist
    • Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Do you mean some sort of registration with DL or for Pre check or do you mean the GE online application form on GEOS? I don't remember the GE application being so bad, not at all as detailed as I would have expected.

22. AnthonyB1609

The GE form. Maybe I was just tired from my last flight and that's why I thought it was to long and detailed lol. (Not that I want just anybody to get approved.) see how fast it was soon as I get home I am going to look at the app again but I might be tired again PDX-BOI-LAX :(

I will keep you all posted. Thanks for the reply's.....

23. MSPeconomist
    • Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

IME a lot of the pain of the on line GE form was using the drop down menu of countries I've visited.

24. AnthonyB1609

Ok so I fixed all my errors I guess I was just tired last time it wasn't so bad. The drop downs are a pain. Does it really cost a $100 and what does that go towards?

25. MSPeconomist
    • Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

$100 for five years, including the GE card as well as VIP express treatment in most airports when you return from abroad.