1. Milepoint will be taken offline for scheduled maintenance
    The site will be down Tuesday, October 28th at 10:00 p.m. MDT for approximately 1 hour.

2. #FlyForPink is the frequent flyers' effort in the fight against breast cancer.

Join us in supporting screenings, early detection, treatment and research globally at FlyForPink.com

UA Mileage Plus Visa Signature existing cardmember 5K Bonus

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by decerbodsubs, Mar 4, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. decerbodsubs
    • Original Member

decerbodsubs Silver Member

I've been a cardmember for about 11 months. Did anyone else get this email today? Text below:

Subject: Bonus: You've received 5,000 award miles on us
    Sender: Mileage Plus Partners email@info.united.com

Special bonus: We've deposited 5,000 bonus miles into your account as a thank you.
    You now have X miles. That's 5,000 more than you had on Tuesday.

As a special thank you for being a Mileage Plus® Visa Signature® cardmember, we have deposited 5,000 bonus miles into your account.

Enjoy 5,000 bonus award miles as a thank you.
    We appreciate your business as a Mileage Plus Visa Signature cardmember and wanted to let you know. Your miles are already in your account to use as you wish.

AndreaRH likes this.
  2. eap
    • Original Member

eap Silver Member

Is it possible that this is the 5,000 miles offered upon each anniversary?

decerbodsubs likes this.
  3. decerbodsubs
    • Original Member

Yep it is possible. I don't remember reading that it was a benefit but it may be a new benefit too. I was thinking it was more of a "we would like you not to cancel once we charge the annual fee" type of thing.

4. Scottrick
    • Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

It is not stated on the application form. However, I have seen it listed in other random places. Works out pretty nicely especially since, as far as I recall, you can pay for the annual fee with about 9,500 miles.

decerbodsubs likes this.
  5. bmg42000
    • Original Member

bmg42000 Gold Member

I believe that my UA signiture offers 5000 points on the anniversary. It was mentioned when I signed up.

decerbodsubs likes this.
  6. decerbodsubs
    • Original Member

Thanks everyone for weighing in. I was pleased but bewildered by the email.

7. oblonsky3

oblonsky3 New Member

Also what credit card companies do is give you miles for over/under use. Say you just opened a card for the original sign-up bonus (I plead guilty) and then forgot about it for a few months...credit card companies know what the deal is and will offer bonus points for use. "Spend $1000 every month for 3 months and get 5k per month" is something I've gotten before (roughly, can't remember the award miles).

I have CO, UA, and DL credit cards, but the UA one is my one of choice.