1. Milepoint will be taken offline for scheduled maintenance
    The site will be down Tuesday, October 28th at 10:00 p.m. MDT for approximately 1 hour.

2. #FlyForPink is the frequent flyers' effort in the fight against breast cancer.

Join us in supporting screenings, early detection, treatment and research globally at FlyForPink.com

US airways card churnable?

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by alohastephen, Nov 22, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. gwhit21

gwhit21 Silver Member

I just got my second US Airways Card!

In Nov. I received the US PLATINUM card with $2,500 limit. I was in a middle of a very heavy app party.

Last night I applied and received the US PREMIER card with limit of $7,500. I did have to call in, but when I did the rep didn't even acknowledge my other US card. Not once! He just said "I can't believe you weren't instantly approved, your credit is great". He approved me right there no questions. The card already is showing up online in the SAME account with my other US card. Perfect.

Now, I just need to swipe and receive the 40k.

2. BeachMiles
    • Original Member

BeachMiles Gold Member

I have had this card since it was a B of A card decades ago. I can't close it since it's my oldest card. does Barclays offer a no fee card that I could downgrade too. That might improve my chances of getting approved for the new card.
    I applied yesterday. Got put off. Called, perhaps too soon, and was told I could not get the same card a second time. CSR pointed out the wording in term and Conditions says first time only.
    Odd thing is Mrs has the same history as me, and got the 2nd card last month.
    I may phone again when I get " the letter".
    They said they didn't do a credit pull. :confused:

alohastephen likes this.
  3. bringer
    • Original Member

bringer Silver Member

It seems churning this has been a hit or miss for many...You can always try the..hang up and try again hoping for another agent/outcome. Goodluck!

alohastephen likes this.
  4. Omar's_Coming
    • Original Member

Omar's_Coming Silver Member

Datapoint - i previously had this card around 2008. Cancelled it before the fee came due. Reapplied in Jan 2011, instant approval ($15k credit limit). Still have the card (wanted the 10k miles and the GS hit).

Applied for another card in March. Waitlisted, so after a few days of waiting i called the recon line. Immediate pickup. After some confirmation questions (where do you work, whats your salary) was asked why i wanted a second card. Told them I wanted to segregate work related expenses. Immediate approval w/o pushback. confirmed bonus. :)

gwhit21 and alohastephen like this.
  5. Extra Pack of Peanuts

Extra Pack of Peanuts Silver Member

I come bearing good news! Adding another data point of a successful churn for the US Airways card.

I originally received the card on September 25, 2011 as part of the Grand Slam promotion. I was instantly approved for a WHOPPING credit line of $1,000! I used the card for a $2 purchase and the 40k bonus miles posted shortly thereafter. Interestingly, I was denied for the business version of the card because they said "they had already given me sufficient credit" ($1,000? are you kidding me) but they also said they didn't do another hard pull, which jives with what my credit report says.

Stupidly (or maybe not, seeing as I got approved again), I haven't touched the card again or used it since that original $2 purchase. I applied for the card again on April 3rd as part of a 4 card App-O-Rama and today I received an email that I had been approved for it again. This time, the credit limit was increased to $5,000.

Although I've heard some reports of people being denied a second card, it worked well for me and I never even had to call reconsideration. Who knows if there is any method to their madness, but if you have a hard pull with TransUnion to spare, might be worth taking a shot!

alohastephen likes this.
  6. upgrade

upgrade Gold Member

Unwise: failure to use the card at least once every 6 months risks bonus forfeiture/clawback.

alohastephen likes this.
  7. alohastephen

alohastephen Gold Member

What's that?

8. Extra Pack of Peanuts

Agreed, it was stupid and unintentional. I actually didn't realize that it had been that long. I've since pulled my old card out and swiped it to make a purchase.

Thanks for the heads up.

alohastephen likes this.
  9. upgrade

upgrade Gold Member

It's in the card T&C. I don't recall seeing reports of this being enforced, but then I'm not sure how many people are actually out of compliance.

alohastephen likes this.
  10. lichenlt
    • Original Member

lichenlt Silver Member

For those who successfully churned the card, did you guys apply for the exact same card (the premier world) or other version of the US Dividend Miles card? Thanks.

alohastephen likes this.
  11. upgrade

upgrade Gold Member

Same card (Premier World, http://mostmiles.com/chairman).

alohastephen and lichenlt like this.
  12. lichenlt
    • Original Member

lichenlt Silver Member

wow, that's awesome. So I can reapply for this card after 3-4 months without canceling my current card?

alohastephen likes this.
  13. upgrade

upgrade Gold Member

I can't vouch for that time frame; me, I waited ~11 months.

Pigs:fed::hogs:slaughtered.

14. rizwank

rizwank Silver Member

I did it in five.

15. lichenlt
    • Original Member

lichenlt Silver Member

did you cancel the card before reapplying?

alohastephen likes this.
  16. alohastephen

alohastephen Gold Member

I did my 2nd card after 3 months without cancelling and was approved.

Pushing the envelope, I tried for my 3rd card 3 months later and was denied.

lichenlt likes this.
  17. rizwank

rizwank Silver Member

Nope.

lichenlt and alohastephen like this.
  18. lichenlt
    • Original Member

lichenlt Silver Member

LOL, that sounds like too much. Maybe you should've cancelled the first two cards.

alohastephen likes this.
  19. alohastephen

alohastephen Gold Member

I was thinking of that as I applied. I will definitely do that next time. :cool:

lichenlt likes this.
  20. somempire

somempire Silver Member

What's the phone number did everyone used to call for reconsideration and how long to wait to call?

lichenlt likes this.
  21. Extra Pack of Peanuts

I didn't have to call reconsideration but just to give you a heads up, I have heard from others that Barclays will pull do a second hard pull on your credit report when you ask for reconsideration. From what I've heard, the first pull is usually TransUnion (it was with me) and the second one is usually an Experian pull.

Just something to consider to see if it is worth it to you. Of course, you could always call and ask specifically that they DON'T do a second pull. No clue whether that would work, but its worth a try.

Good luck!

lichenlt likes this.
  22. Extra Pack of Peanuts

I did the exact same card.

My first was in late September, my second in early April, so roughly 5 months.

I did NOT cancel my first card. It is still open and working.

lichenlt and alohastephen like this.
  23. alohastephen

alohastephen Gold Member

1- 866-369-1283

snugglening and lichenlt like this.
  24. kadence

kadence Silver Member

Can someone provide links to both the Platinum and Premier cards, both business and personal. Or tell me where to find it on one of your blogs... THANKS

25. miles and smiles
    • Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

see post # 1

alohastephen likes this.