Vanilla Reload Card Locations

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by ericb, May 31, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. ericb

ericb Silver Member

Does anyone know where else (besides office depot) these are sold? I called in and Vanilla has no idea what chains/stores sell them, and the locations link on their website is non-functional.

I did call chase and found out that the merchant codes you're looking for are 5111 and 5943 for a certain small business card. Now it's a matter of cross-referencing those merchants with locations that sell vanilla reload cards...

Hope that wasn't too cryptic, but it looks like a big loophole is getting closed

Eric
  2. edekba

edekba Gold Member

huh i think I kinda got what you're saying but still way to cryptic.
  3. ericb

ericb Silver Member

4. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Oh I got that part, already along for the ride. What I didn't get was your merchant code part.
  5. ericb

ericb Silver Member

So cc's use merchant codes to determine what "counts" as restaurant spend/ office supply stores /gas etc. Sometimes there are miscodes at the SMB level (like a grocery classified as a gas station) that can open a lot of loopholes. The ones in this particular case are those above
  6. wrxmom

wrxmom Gold Member

Try Staples
    perryplatypus likes this.
  7. AA_EXP09

AA_EXP09 Gold Member

Petro Canada
    Shell
    Chevron
    Safeway
    Overwaitea
    RCSS
  8. perryplatypus

perryplatypus Gold Member

They don't have them yet. I shop in person at couple different Staples all the time.
  9. edekba

edekba Gold Member

yup i've only seen Vanilla @ OD.
  10. SC Flier
    • Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

American express is offering a complimentary $25 gift card with a $200 load onto an Amex prepaid through June 30. Both new and existing card members are eligible. Limit 1 per card.
    http://americanexpress.com/prepaid

Also, the Locations link on www.vanillareload.com is now showing the following locations:
    • 7-11 Garbko
    • 7-11 Handee Mart
    • 7-11 SW
    • CoMac, Inc.
    • Cogo's Co.
    • DANDY MINI MARTS
    • E and C Enterprises
    • Holiday Station Franchise
    • Holiday Station Stores
    • Kum & Go
    • Nittany Oil Co., Inc.
    • Nouria Energy 12
    • Office Depot
    • TEVIS OIL, INC.
  11. wrxmom

wrxmom Gold Member

I'll have to look again, I thought I saw them at the Staples near me. It might have just been the AMEX prepaid.
    Luckystan777 and perryplatypus like this.
  12. SC Flier
    • Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

At my local Staples today, there were non-reloadable Amex prepaid cards but nothing for reloading cards. Neither Vanilla nor Green Dot.
  13. edekba

edekba Gold Member

I just bought 2 $500 reload; one today & one saturday at OD. are the OD in your area not selling them to you?
  14. 98mike

98mike Active Member

I've noticed something bizarre at od when I buy the reloads, it takes 4 days to show up as a pending charge on my ink bold. If I buy a box of paper it's on there next day, but I've bought 4 $500 cards now and always with at least 4 days to post.

As a side note with purchase code types, all my wireless and cable post as misc, not telcom. I use Verizon. I called to discuss and was told they'd get back in touch. Check your statements. Make sure you're getting the right credit for bonus cats
  15. LauraPDX

LauraPDX Silver Member

I have had to call to get my points each month for the two months the card has been in use. The csr says it is coded by the merchant, but they. Can give you bonus points to compensate this "miscode".
    edekba likes this.
  16. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Good to know; i'm still waiting on my first billing cycle to end.
  17. rizwank

rizwank Silver Member

Nice call. Is there a way of searching for merchant codes?

I'm still surprised OD is in this game. I figured they'd have killed it by now.
  18. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Cycle ended. Got the points without having to call in.
  19. lotso-bear
    • Original Member

lotso-bear Silver Member

No problems for me, and I have auto-bill for Verizon, T-Mobile, and Comcast, despite what it states for each charge.
  20. Lkohawaii

Lkohawaii Active Member

The two Hawaii OD doesn't carry prepaid Visa or Amex cards. I hope this won't spread to other OD. Never could buy Amex cards. Wanted to buy them to send my daughter off on a trip.
  21. vardievard

vardievard Active Member

Does anyone have a location in NJ that has these cards? I've tried every OD and they weren't in stock or carried any longer
  22. edekba

edekba Gold Member

I've noticed most of the locations I've purchased them from, the inventory is dwindling. Maybe once they're gone they're gone? who knows
  23. kristikna

kristikna Member

Same here. Saw on Frequent Miler's blog (in the comments) that many of the OD stores in the Twin Cities are out of stock!
  24. bretta

bretta Silver Member

I've been to three Office Depots in the RDU area in the last 48 hours, and they are all gone. They used to have them, but now sold out and not restocked (so far).