1. Milepoint will be taken offline for scheduled maintenance
    The site will be down Tuesday, October 28th at 10:00 p.m. MDT for approximately 1 hour.

2. #FlyForPink is the frequent flyers' effort in the fight against breast cancer.

Join us in supporting screenings, early detection, treatment and research globally at FlyForPink.com

Ziplock baggie policy

Discussion in 'Travel Security' started by thetravelanalyst, Aug 15, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. thetravelanalyst

thetravelanalyst Silver Member

Nightmare: Passenger in front of me at LHR T4 didn't fuly understand the baggie policy; filled a too large ziplock bag with everything imaginable: eyedrops, scrunchies, lotion, mints, etc. She had to go through it and painstakingly pull out all of her liquids. She was so embarrassed though that I couldn't help but feel sorry for her.

Felt I couldn't share this episode anywhere other than on Milepoint :)

anabolism and Koschmar like this.
  2. Mark
    • Original Member

Mark Admin Staff Member

I've been in your exact position. Couldn't have happened to a nicer person either...

3. ACMM
    • Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Maybe I am being mean but this is NOT a new policy - how come people just do not get it! :eek:

Koschmar likes this.
  4. Mark
    • Original Member

Mark Admin Staff Member

The woman in front of me said she hadn't flown in 10 years and was told by a friend of hers to put the liquids in a plastic bag. Nice friend not to specify a tad more.

ACMM likes this.
  5. kw335
    • Original Member

kw335 Silver Member

I use a bigger-sized ziploc bag all the time, and never had any problem.

The only time I was asked about it was at LIH, when I was "caught" packing too many bath products that I took from my room at Grand Hyatt Kauai :D

The TSO lady said, "Wow, you're bringing way too many stuff here. Where is it from? The Marriott? Hyatt?" and waved me through :D

anabolism and ACMM like this.
  6. ACMM
    • Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Who knew a mouse needed so many bath products! :p

7. anabolism
    • Original Member

anabolism Gold Member

How big?

8. thetravelanalyst

thetravelanalyst Silver Member

It's amazing how variant the experience can be. I often don't bother to put the few liquids I have in a baggie as it would take ages to dig through my purse. Most of the times it works, but every now and then I'll get the agent who goes through it to pull out all of the liquids.

traveltoomuch likes this.
  9. traveltoomuch

traveltoomuch Silver Member

Likewise. And in the last week, I've had two screeners pull my bag because Ieft the baggie inside. I don't think I've been that months.