Qantas Frequent Flyer - Status Levels and Benefits
Qantas Frequent Flyer Status Levels and Benefits
The Help Guide is maintained by milepoint members like yourself. If you find something that needs to be corrected, please do so. And if the Help Guide is missing information, please feel free to add it.
The following table lists the equlivilent stautes received by QFF members when travelling on the oneworld alliance:
Qantas Frequent Flyer status oneworld status Bronze - Silver Ruby Gold Sapphire Platinum Emerald Platinum One Emerald
The following benefits are received by members for each oneworld status level:
oneworld privilege Ruby Sapphire Emerald Access to oneworld alliance airline lounges (1) - Business lounges Business/First lounges Priority check-in (regardless of the class you are flying) Business counters Business counters Business/First counters Priority waitlist/Airport standby Yes Yes Yes Preferred boarding - Yes Yes Preferred seating Yes (2) Yes Yes
oneworld benefit notes(top)
- Access is only available before travel on the same day on eligible flights that are both marketed and operated by a oneworld alliance airline. Marketed means that there must be a oneworld alliance airline flight number on your ticket.
- Except on British Airways.
Program status tiers(top)
The following table outlines the benefits received by members of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program at each status level.
This table should also be read in conjunction with the accompying notes.
Privilege Silver Gold Platinum Status Credits Attain 300 700 1,400 Status Credits Retain 250 600 1,200 Status Bonus (1) Y 25% points bonus Y 50% points bonus Y 100% points bonus Qantas Club entitlements (2) Y One Complimentary Invitation Y Complimentary membership Y Complimentary membership Domestic Priority Check-in Y (3) Y Business counters Y Business counters International Priority Check-in Y Qantas Club/Premium Economy counters Y Qantas Club/Business counters Y Qantas Club/Business/First counters Priority waitlist/Airport standby (4) Y Y Y Extra checked baggage allowance (5) Y Y Y Priority Baggage (6) - Y Y Chip-enabled Qantas card Y Y Y Complimentary Q Bag Tags Y Y Y Priority Security (7) - Y Domestic only Y Domestic and International where available Priority telephone service (8) Y Y Y Preferred Seating (9) Y Y Y Complimentary Advance Seat Selection (10) Y Y Y On Departure upgrades for domestic flights (11) - Y Y Priority Economy Seat Purchase (12) - - Y Priority Boarding - Y International Y Domestic and International Preferential access to Qantas Classic Award Seats (13) Y (from 4 May 2011) Y Y Complimentary Gold membership for a family member or friend at 2100 Status credits (14) - - Y A choice of even more rewards at 2400 Status credits (15) - - Y
In respect of Platinum One, to qualify for this level you must accrue;
- 3600 SC per qualifying year AND
- at least 2700 SC of this earned on QF metal or code(share).
- Around the clock monitoring and troubleshooting of issues related to your travel,
- dedicated customer service centre,
- access to reward seats from commercial revenue fare buckets,
- waiver of all award assistance fees,
- complimentary exit row seating
- preferential seating where advance seat selection is available, and
- complimentary membership of the epiQure program.
Notes to status benefits(top)
Privileges are subject to change and unless otherwise stated, these privileges are not available on flights that are operated by another carrier including Jetstar, even if you have a QF flight number on your ticket.
- Status bonus is calculated on the base Economy points earn rate. Valid on eligible flights with a Qantas (QF), Jetstar Airlines (JQ, 3K, VF), (Jetflex and StarClass fares only), British Airways (BA) or American Airlines ® (AA) flight number on your ticket.
- Subject to terms and conditions of The Qantas Club.
- Domestic priority check-in at Qantas Club/Business counters is available for Silver members at some domestic ports until 1 February 2011.
- Subject to fare conditions and available only on flights with a oneworld alliance airline flight number operated by a oneworld alliance airline, including Qantas.
- Available only on Qantas operated jet flights where you have a Qantas flight number on your ticket (excluding Jetstar operated services). Extra checked baggage allowance varies by route and travel class,and piece size and weight restrictions apply.
- Available only on Qantas operated jet flights where you have a Qantas flight number on your ticket.
- Premium Security Lanes are available weekdays during peak periods at Brisbane, Melbourne Perth and Sydney (Terminal 3 only) domestic airports. Platinum members also receive priority security at selected international airports.
- Priority telephone service is available when calling Qantas Telephone Sales, the Qantas Frequent Flyer Service Centre and Qantas Customer Care.
- Preferences accommodated where possible at time of booking for Premium Economy, Business and First and at time of check-in for Economy from remaining available seats on Qantas operated flights and flights with a oneworld alliance airline flight number operated by a oneworld alliance airline, including Qantas.
- Advance Seat Selection (with preferential seating) is at all times subject to availability of requested seats. Complimentary Advance Seat Selection is available on domestic and international Qantas operated flights with a Qantas flight number (QF1-199 for international and QF400-1349 for domestic, excluding QantasLink) immediately after completing your booking up until 3 hours before your scheduled departure. Seat requests cannot be guaranteed due to operational, safety and security requirements.
- On Departure Upgrades may be requested from Qantas operated lounges for selected Qantas domestic flights and only on selected fare types. Upgrade seats are subject to capacity controls and availability is limited. Some flights may have no upgrades available. See qantas.com/upgrade for details.
- With paid full economy tickets for up to two people, including the Platinum member, on any Qantas operated flight with a Qantas flight number (excluding non-jet QantasLink services) and only when booking before midday on the day before travel. Facility may be restricted due to operational constraints. Other conditions apply. For full details see terms and conditions.
- Preferential access will be provided, when available, to selected Qantas Classic Award seats for Gold and Platinum members and from 4 May 2011 for Silver members. On selected flights, preferential access provided to Gold and Platinum members may be above the access available to Silver and Bronze members. Qantas & Partner Classic Award seat availability is limited and some flights may not have any Classic Award seats. When seats are available, preferential access is provided at qantas.com and from Qantas Telephone Sales and Qantas offices, excluding some international locations (Award Assistance Fee applies to assisted bookings).
- Only available at 2,100 Status credits within one membership year until 3 May 2011.
- Available from 1 October 2010 for members who have not nominated a family member or friend at 2,100 Status credits. Selection currently includes Complimentary Gold membership for any family member or friend, 50,000 Qantas Frequent Flyer points or 3 complimentary invitations for Qantas Valet Parking or Qantas Chauffeured Transfers.
Lifetime status recognition(top)
Once you have earned a set amount of status credits over the length of your membership, you become eligible for lifetime status.
This lifetime status is yours to keep for as long as you remain a member of QFF.
Lifetime status tier Lifetime status credits required to attain Oneworld status level
Silver 7,000 Ruby
Gold 14,000 Sapphire